Web Services Authentication

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Profound.js users.
diego.palumbo
New User
First Name: Diego
Last Name: Palumbo
Company Name: iVolution

Web Services Authentication

Post by diego.palumbo »

Good afternoon ,
I'm tring to setup authentication to a profoundjs.express() web service on IBMi in start.js:

Code: Select all

app.get("/handsOn/getClaim/:claimId", profoundjs.express("./modules/myapp/getClaim", true));

Is there a way or API to authenticate on IBMI profoundjs instance from a remote server or CURL (not browser with login form and cookies)?

Thank you
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Web Services Authentication

Post by Scott Klement »

There's stuff like Express middleware (npm modules) that you could use to allow remote users to authenticate with your API. You might have to do some custom coding to make that work. (We don't provide any sort of authentication right now.)

Also, if you did this, it would not control which userid is signing into the database and IBM i, it'd only be what is used to access your API. The Credentials File is what is used to access your IBM i, at this time.

If you'd like to request a new feature, please contact support@profoundlogic.com
diego.palumbo
New User
First Name: Diego
Last Name: Palumbo
Company Name: iVolution

Re: Web Services Authentication

Post by diego.palumbo »

Hi Scott,
It tried providing a connector file on my IBMi profound instance and now I'm able to use web services without any Authentication.
It is perfect like this.

It was not clear from documentation that we should provide connector file to consume WS from IBMi with out auth.

Thank you very much for your help