Chart Visibility within a tab panel

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
sheds02
New User
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Shedlock
Company Name: Keystone Automotive Operations
Phone: 570-655-4514 x-2688
Address 1: 44 Tunkhannock Ave
City: Exeter
State / Province: Pennsylvania
Zip / Postal Code: 18643

Chart Visibility within a tab panel

Post by sheds02 »

I'm working with a chart, tab panel and output fields. All are binded to the same VISIBILITY property field (SHOWFIELDS).

I know the visibility is being set properly because the output fields binded to the same VISIBILITY value (outside of the tab panel) are displaying as expected based on the SHOWFIELDS values.

However, here is my issue. When the SHOWFIELDS value is ON/VISIBLE, and the chart is (completely) inside of the tab panel (tab panel 0) the chart is not displaying at all. This should display both the tab panel AND the chart. (The fields I have in the other tabs are displaying properly.) When I take the chart completely outside of the tab panel and just have it on the screen, the chart visibility seems to be working just fine.

The tab panel itself is displaying (or being hidden) as expected. It's just when the chart is inside of the tab panel that I'm having the issue.

Just to note, I've also clicked the 'Bring to Front' on the chart and retested with the same results.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Emily
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Emily
Last Name: Seage
Company Name: Profound Logic

Re: Chart Visibility within a tab panel

Post by Emily »

Are you using the traditional tab panel widget? Or are you using a tab panel layout widget?

If you are using a traditional tab panel widget, it's important to note that you should not be changing the visibility of widgets that exist inside of the tab panel. The tab panel works by hiding/showing widgets when you switch tabs, therefore if you are manually changing the visibility property of a widget, this can cause problems.

If you need to change the visibility of certain widgets inside of a tab panel, we suggest using the tab panel LAYOUT widget. This widget behaves the same way as the traditional tab panel widget, but each tab is a true container. Because of this, you'll have the option to show/hide widgets without causing any unexpected problems.

Hope this helps.
Emily Seage
Support Team Lead
sheds02
New User
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Shedlock
Company Name: Keystone Automotive Operations
Phone: 570-655-4514 x-2688
Address 1: 44 Tunkhannock Ave
City: Exeter
State / Province: Pennsylvania
Zip / Postal Code: 18643

Re: Chart Visibility within a tab panel

Post by sheds02 »

I believe I choose the Classic tab panel from the Tab Panels sections of the All Widgets window.

I'll change it to use the Tab Panel Layout. I didn't know there was a difference between a Tab Panel and a Tab Panel Layout.

Thanks for the guidance. I'll let you if it worked.