Profound UI and TL Ashford

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
JKING
New User
First Name: Jim
Last Name: King
Company Name: Camfil

Profound UI and TL Ashford

Post by JKING »

I'm trying to call a label program (TL Ashford) from inside my RPG program and it's not generating a label. If I run the same procedure as an RPG program without any reference to Profound UI it works every time. Is TL Ashford compatible with Profound UI or is there something I need to do to get it to work.
Thanks
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Profound UI and TL Ashford

Post by Scott Klement »

Profound UI Rich Displays only replace the display. They don't change the way the rest of the RPG program works. Calling a program like TL Ashford should work the same as it would anywhere else.

What happens when you call it? Do you get an error message? If so, what does it say?
JKING
New User
First Name: Jim
Last Name: King
Company Name: Camfil

Post by JKING »

No error message received it runs though the RPG without issue, but no spool file is generated for the label.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

If you're running this via the Rich Display Controller (vs Genie), the spooled file might have a different job ID than you expect because it changes user profiles when you sign on -- jobs that do that have their spooled files get a different job id on the IBM i operating system.

However, there is nothing in Profound UI that would prevent a program from creating a spooled file. So if, as you say, nothing at all is generated (i.e. its not just under a different job id) then I don't know what would cause that.
mvaldman
New User
First Name: Max
Last Name: Valdman
Company Name: The Hammock Source

Post by mvaldman »

I could be late to the party, but...

You need TLABARCODE library in your library list in order to use it. Your ProfoundUI environment could be missing the library.