Navigation Folder Creation

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
nefty
New User
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Fisher
Company Name: NALC HBP
City: Ashburn
State / Province: Virginia
Zip / Postal Code: 20149

Navigation Folder Creation

Post by nefty »

I understand that Atrium creates default Navigation folders - Navigation Panel, Home Page - that can be seen under Control Panel/Navigation. How do I create my own folders in order to place my groups/users into these menus directly? Essentially I would like to have a Group folder and a Staff folder. These two folders would have their own menus and associated groups/users. When someone from Staff signs on they would automatically get the Staff folder menus and the same would be for Group. This would essentially bypass the Navigation Panel.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Navigation Folder Creation

Post by Scott Klement »

In the control panel, on the navigation tab there's a section on the left where you manage folders
navitems.png
navitems.png (9.21 KiB) Viewed 14906 times
The first step is to click where you wanted to add the folder. So, to add a standard navigation folder, you start by clicking "Navigation Panel". This causes it to be highlighted. Then, just above it click "(+) Add". This will present a drop down where you can select "Menu Group". (What you are referring to as a "folder" is actually called a "menu group" in Atrium)

To add a second one, click "Navigation Panel" again, then (+) Add to add the second one.

Or, if you wanted to add a sub-folder (another folder nested inside of an existing folder) you can highlight the existing folder and click (+) Add, then Menu Group.

This is also how you add menu items -- i.e. "launchers". When you've highligted a group and clicked (+) Add, it gives you an option to add a menu item (instead of menu group) which is how you add a launcher to the group for running an application.

The way you associate a group with certain users (or groups of users) is by using the "Permissions" panel.
navperm.png
navperm.png (17.73 KiB) Viewed 14906 times
You can double-click on the "Allow" (or "Disallow") for the "All Users and Groups" to mark it so that all users do not have access, then add an "Allow" permission to the users/groups that you do want associated with it.