Atrium menu background

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
Gerd
New User
First Name: Gerd
Last Name: Kiefer
Company Name: VSB Bauer Software GmbH
State / Province: Outside Canada/USA

Atrium menu background

Post by Gerd »

When i start Atrium, i see a white background on the screen before i start a program from the navigation tree.
Is it possible to show an image instead of the white background?

Regards, Gerd
with kind regards,

Gerd
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Atrium menu background

Post by Scott Klement »

I think what you want is a home page. This is the page that displays when the user starts atrium, before they've opened any items.

In the control panel under 'navigation', you'll find a tree called 'home pages'. You can add items in there the same way you'd add any other items in atrium. Maybe have it point to an HTML page in your IFS, something that presents the image (or whatever you want to display instead of the blanks screen)

Then, you can change the setting under the user or group to point to this home page, so the user can see it when they start atrium.

Does this help?
Gerd
New User

Post by Gerd »

Hello Scott,

thank you for your help but i've already found the way to add a home page. This will open as a first TAB in the screen and can be closed (and disappear) by the user. Of course, the user can reopen that home page. But that is not what i like to do.
I would like to present an image as background on the first display to our customers, when all TABs are closed. Is this possible?
with kind regards,

Gerd
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

I was afraid you'd ask me that :-)

It's possible. Atrium uses a framework called ExtJS for Atrium, and if you open up the page in a debugger (like Firebug) you can easily see that the empty panel has an id associated with it. You could potentially create a style sheet that puts a background image on that id -- this would let you put an image there...

However... this ID is generated by ExtJS. We cannot guarantee that it will be the same. It might change with future versions of ExtJS or Profound UI, requiring you to update it each time.

Therefore, Profound cannot officially support an image being displayed this way, and you may need to fix it yourself with future versions, etc. So, I don't know that I would recommend this method?

But, if it's something you want to try anyway, I could provide more information....
Gerd
New User

Post by Gerd »

I didn't want to scare you ;-)

Thank you for the information, I will consider even me if I will use it.
with kind regards,

Gerd