Universal PUIMAPP Question

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
emhill
Experienced User
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Hill
Company Name: Integrated Corporate Solutions
Phone: 256-760-8239
Address 1: 501 S Wood Avenue
City: Florence
State / Province: Alabama
Zip / Postal Code: 35630

Re: Universal PUIMAPP Question

Post by emhill »

Universal Display Error Job Log.pdf
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Attached is the job log....
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Eric,

The SyncJob() routine does not synchronize the system portion of the library list. (It never has -- including when called from RPGsp...) It only syncrhonizes the user portion of the library list.

Your job log shows it doing this correctly.

Code: Select all

CPC2198 Completion 00 11/20/14 14:04:31.215196 QLICHLLE QSYS 01A3 PUISYNCB PROFOUNDUI *STMT
From user . . . . . . . . . : ERIC
To module . . . . . . . . . : PUISYNCB
To procedure . . . . . . . : sync_SetLibraryList
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 108
Message . . . . : Current library changed to TESTICS.
Cause . . . . . : The current library in the library list was changed to
TESTICS.
CPC2196 Completion 00 11/20/14 14:04:31.215277 QLICUSRL QSYS 0114 PUISYNCB PROFOUNDUI *STMT
From user . . . . . . . . . : ERIC
To module . . . . . . . . . : PUISYNCB
To procedure . . . . . . . : sync_SetLibraryList
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 140
Message . . . . : Library ICS added to library list.
... etc ...
So it looks like everything is working properly. The only caveat is that the Universal session controller is not putting PROFOUNDUI into the system portion of the library list the way that the Rich Display session controller does. This is perhaps a poor design choice, and might be something we change in a future release. But, it's not exactly a bug... just something we did a bit differently in this case.

But, earlier in the thread, you made it sound like it wasn't synchronizing the libraries at all... this doesn't seem to be the case.

The remaining mystery here is the ICSUI library. In one of your posts you show this being in the system portion of the library list -- how is this being set? If this is in the system value for the system portion of the library list, it should always be in all jobs... so I can only guess that your Rich Display job is running the CHGSYSLIBL command or similar -- but, if this is the case, it should also be missing from the RPGsp programs that you use.
emhill
Experienced User

Post by emhill »

Our initial programs setup the system portion of the library list as well as the current and user sections. ICSUI is where all our PUI displays and programs reside and is added to the system portion of the library list at signon time.

I think in all my testing of this somewhere along the line the file used in my Universal Display program showed as not found and I may have jumped to a wrong conclusion about the SYNCJOB

How can I determine and/or how do I change the libraries used when SYNCJOB is used? I think our server expert here at one time knew how that worked but he is out for the week and I was wondering if I could add/remove libraries. If I remember correctly (big if), it has something to do with the Apache setup?

Thanks!!!!!
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

SyncJob() changes the job to run under the same user profile, ASP group, current library and (user portion of) library list as the Rich Display program.

This is used by Profound UI when running SQL statements for database-driven widgets as well as when you use it for your 'custom url' web services. The idea is that the 'main' RPG program might have set any sort of custom library list. When it invokes SQL statements or web services, it's expected that they use the same authorities and library list as the main program that called them. SyncJob() is what makes that happen.

So, if you want to change the libraries that SyncJob() sets in the library list, you should change the libraries in the 'main' (Rich Display) job.
emhill
Experienced User

Post by emhill »

Ah...gotcha. I think I know what we need to do now to get the library lists to match up.

Thanks for the education!!!! :-)