Double tap on Galaxy Tab 3

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
Wayne C.
Experienced User
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Colasinski
Company Name: Sofworx / Tantara Transport

Double tap on Galaxy Tab 3

Post by Wayne C. »

Some of our users are using the Galaxy Tab 3 to log onto our system. Throughout our system we use F4 to search a master file when the cursor is located positioned on a specific data field. In Genie, we have coded that F4 functionality as a "doubleclick" event. It works fine on our PC's. Some of our users are using Galaxy Tab 3 tablets. We were hoping to use a double tap to perform the same function. In testing, I've found that the double tap does not work. Is there any way around this? I think I read somewhere that a better alternative was an event called "longpress" or "presslong". Is this something that can be used with Genie?

We already have a F4 key coded on the screen, but with the smaller size of the tablet screen, the function key may be out of the viewing area. So the user has to put focus on the data field then roll the screen until the F4 key comes into view. I've tried it and it's a little clumsy.
Antonio
Profound User
First Name: Antonio
Last Name: Ruballos
Company Name: Profound Logic

Re: Double tap on Galaxy Tab 3

Post by Antonio »

Hello Wayne,

Let me look into those events and do some testing with them to see if they would a viable alternative for what you need. I will follow up with you accordingly.

Thanks!
Antonio
Profound User
First Name: Antonio
Last Name: Ruballos
Company Name: Profound Logic

Post by Antonio »

Hello Wayne,

Was this still an issue you were looking to get assistance with? I was going through open issues and noticed this one. I apologize for the delay in response.
Wayne C.
Experienced User
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Colasinski
Company Name: Sofworx / Tantara Transport

Post by Wayne C. »

I think we changed some of the requested entry fields to respond to a single click. A few minutes ago, I changed one of the fields back to perform a "press F4" on a double click and I couldn't get the double click to work on the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 although it does work on my desktop computer. I'm not sure if I'm not tapping fast enough or accurately enough. It treats the double click as a single click and brings up a keyboard. We've work around the issue but it seems to still be a problem.