Creating sub-section in ProfoundUI display

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on Web programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
xela
New User
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Amores
Company Name: Summit Consulting

Creating sub-section in ProfoundUI display

Post by xela »

I know that profoundui display a screen as a whole so there is always a scroll bar when ever overflowing happens. How can we create a sub-section on the display so that portion of it is static while other portion will scroll. Like rows 1 to 10 will be static and the remaining rows will scroll.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Creating sub-section in ProfoundUI display

Post by Scott Klement »

We don't have anything like that right now, except for the "mobile scroller", which isn't the best for desktop applications.

I think this would be a nice feature, so ... We'll look into this and see whether we can come up with a good way to add a way to make a section scrollable or not...
xela
New User
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Amores
Company Name: Summit Consulting

Post by xela »

Thank you for replying quickly. I hope that the next release will incorporate this feature.

xela
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

In the next release of Profound UI, we plan to incorporate "Overflow X" and "Overflow Y" properties into the Simple Layout that can be used to create scrollbars in a section of the screen in a normal browser.

In the meantime, you might be able to do this using a mobile scroller. There's an example in the following forum thread:
http://www.profoundlogic.com/forums/php ... f=53&t=860