and it's about time.....

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
amc
Profound User
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Cusack
Company Name: Welding Industries
City: Adelaide
State / Province: Outside Canada/USA
Zip / Postal Code: 5139

and it's about time.....

Post by amc »

On the ESS site, this note appeared in the last couple of days
IBM Rational Open Access: RPG Edition V1.1.1 is available under "IBM i evaluation, Try&Buy and NLV download"

Effective today July 29, 2011, IBM Rational Open Access: RPG Edition V1.1.1 is available in the IBM Entitled Software Support (ESS) website for evaluation. Because it is not included in the IBM i Keyed Product media, you can download the product in ESS for internal evaluation, testing, or demonstration purposes for 70 days without the need of a valid License Key. After 70 days the product will not operate. If you want to continue using the product, you must obtain a valid License Key by purchasing the product.
To download IBM Rational Open Access: RPG Edition V1.1.1, for evaluation from ESS, follow the steps below:
Click "IBM i Evaluation, Try&Buy and NLV download" option in the left pane.
Select your customer number and the machine to download the software product for.
Select product ID 5733-OAR and the desired language, then click on continue.
Further details about ESS software downloads can be found in the help section under "Electronic Software Delivery".
if you have any questions you may contact World Wide Customer Support. Contact information can be found on the webpage via the link 'Contacts'."
Brian
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: May
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: and it's about time.....

Post by Brian »

Yes, IBM finally issued a trial period for Open Access.