How do I create a custom dialog?

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
joerattz
New User
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Rattz
Company Name: Genuine Parts Company

How do I create a custom dialog?

Post by joerattz »

I want to create a custom dialog (panel with edge/corner images).

I (think I) know that I need to add a .js file to /profoundui/userdata/custom/widgets and I have a sample panel js file but it doesn't show how to specify the images used for the edges/corners or indicate if there are additional widget properties for a dialog versus a panel. I do see a boolean dialog property.

I also see a /profoundui/proddata/images/panels directory with directories for each panel style and they seem to have consistently named images for the edge/corner images.

Is a custom dialog created simply by turning the boolean dialog property on and having a directory of images with the correct names? Is this driven by naming convention? Profound knows that if the dialog property is true, it looks in the /profoundui/proddata/images/panels directory for a directory with the same name as the panel and then knows to look for images with the names bottomleft.png, bottommiddle.png, etc.? If this is the case, then I assume this means I must use PNG files for the images? Which begs the question concerning supported browsers, specifically IE6 and its lack of PNG transparency support, that I asked about in another forum post. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. I would personally love it if Profound says IE6 is not supported. [Ahem, hint!]

Or, is there something else that controls this (the specification of what images to use for a custom dialog)?

Thanks!
Brian
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: May
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: How do I create a custom dialog?

Post by Brian »

You are correct. You need to set the dialog property to true and create the image directory like the existing ones. Just name your files with the same names as the rest of the dialogs and you are good to go.

And yes, they do need to be PNG files.

As for IE6, in your other post you will notice I said the program would run. There are several things that will not look or behave the same in IE6 and we do not recommend using it.
joerattz
New User
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Rattz
Company Name: Genuine Parts Company

Re: How do I create a custom dialog?

Post by joerattz »

Thanks!