Chart - proper syntax for Selection criteria

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
leatherlips
Profound User
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Geldert
Company Name: Stonriver

Chart - proper syntax for Selection criteria

Post by leatherlips »

I have bound a field for selection criteria on the chart widget, and am trying to determine the proper syntax for selecting data from two "fields" in a database file.
I have a similar chart that work fine using a single field for selection (i.e. YRCS='110-0000001')
Now, I am attempting to select data using two fields in the file (YRCS='110-0000001' AND RTYP='Compensation')
the chart does not display at all with this selection criteria (no data to display) even though the database file does have records that match that criteria:
data.png
data.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
I'm assuming the "and" is not correct? How would I indicate that selection criteria?

THANKS!
Greg
Profound User
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Sears
Company Name: Profound Logic
Phone: 937-439-7925
Address 1: 562 Congress Park
City: Dayton
State / Province: Ohio
Zip / Postal Code: 45459

Re: Chart - proper syntax for Selection criteria

Post by Greg »

I tried using the same syntax in my selection criteria and it worked fine.

Ensure that the bound field is large enough to hold the results of the two fields being selected from the database file.
leatherlips
Profound User
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Geldert
Company Name: Stonriver

Re: Chart - proper syntax for Selection criteria

Post by leatherlips »

Very strange, the bound field is 80 Characters so it is large enough. I also tried several other things and when using "OR" it works fine (but gives me more data than I really want).
I'm back a level so maybe I'll try the latest release to see if that makes a difference.
Thanks