using non-PUI javascript components

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
leatherlips
Profound User
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Geldert
Company Name: Stonriver

using non-PUI javascript components

Post by leatherlips »

I'm not a javascript programmer, but, working with the PUI product I'm trying to see how external js libraries/components may be integrated.
I have an example that displays a calendar and uses jquery/jqueryUI. I've copied the entire example under the htdocs directory for PUI and can access the example via the Apache server referencing the demo html file. I now want to try an put the calendar in a "record format" from PUI. I started messing with the HTML container (putting the code from the demo html in the "html" property, but it displays nothing. I'm not sure if this is even the proper method to integrate such items, so I was hoping for some direction.
I've attached the html file from the demo i was trying to integrate.
The directory "fullcalendar-1.4.8" is under the htdocs directory. (not sure if there's something with the "src" paths causing an issue?).
Attachments
default.zip
Html file directly from DEMO of the Calendar. I copied as is into the "Html" property of the html container.
(881 Bytes) Downloaded 547 times
Rob
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Ferguson
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: using non-PUI javascript components

Post by Rob »

If you place a js file in folder /www/profoundui/htdocs/profoundui/userdata/custom/js it will be automatically linked in to all Profound UI pages. (css files can also be placed in custom/css)

In the designer , there is also an onload event property for each record format (screen). A JavaScript function entered into this property will be called when the screen loads.

You may be able to use these two features to get your jQuery into a page. We have not designed Profound UI specifically to integrate with jQuery and have not performed any tests so we cannot guarantee that it will work for you.
leatherlips
Profound User

Post by leatherlips »

Thanks for the info!
nascar88
Profound User
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Steach
Company Name: APHA

Post by nascar88 »

leatherlips did you get the jquery to work?
leatherlips
Profound User

Post by leatherlips »

I went as far as executing a function to verify it was available to me, and it did work.
I never really delved into it in any detail beyond that. I was really trying to see what we COULD do if desired.