Subfile doesn't display correctly

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
PSC_IT
New User
First Name: Don
Last Name: Richardson
Company Name: SGS Petroleum Service
Phone: 225-343-8262
Address 1: 725 Main St
City: Baton Rouge
State / Province: Louisiana
Zip / Postal Code: 70802

Subfile doesn't display correctly

Post by PSC_IT »

I have an issue similar to one posted on June 2011 by tcj2001, where he could not get a subfile to recognize one of the fields. I have followed suggestions in the post, but the problem still exists. Here is a rundown of what I am experiencing.
When a subfile is created in Genie, it only recognizes 7 of the 8 columns. I have since changed the Grid Data from 7 to 8 and added the last column start position.

Some of the issues this causes are: the data on the subfile gets placed in a different area on the screen if the last (unrecognized) field contains data, only when it is the first line on a page. This field doesn't always have data.

I have included screen shots of the 5250 with the data displayed and the DDS of the same screen and a shot of Genie with the problem displayed.

This is a show stopper for me, and is preventing the rollout of this product, so I would appreciate any help.
Attachments
Genie with error
Genie with error
GenieScreen with error.JPG (67.23 KiB) Viewed 754 times
5250 DDS screenshot
5250 DDS screenshot
5252screenDDS.JPG (159.19 KiB) Viewed 754 times
5250 data screenshot
5250 data screenshot
5252screen1.JPG (125.46 KiB) Viewed 754 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Subfile doesn't display correctly

Post by Scott Klement »

If this is an urgent issue for you, I would file a support request. The forums are for "community support", and although we do try to assist people here, we not have as much staff watching the forums, or give it as much priority as an actual technical support request.

To assist you, I will need a screen dump of this screen. You can create a screen dump by pressing Ctrl-F9 while the screen is on the display. The browser will then ask you to download a file named json.txt -- please upload that file here (or e-mail it to support if you decide to file a support request.) With this screenshot, we should be able to reproduce the problem you describe.

It would also help to know which subfile detection settings you have turned on.