Handler Profound ui

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
ddiack
New User
First Name: Demba
Last Name: Diack
Company Name: OO2

Handler Profound ui

Post by ddiack »

Please can you help about this error. I already add all libraries which we need
The system don't recognize the keyword HANDLER
profound.PNG
profound.PNG (26.31 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
The program has encountered an unmonitored exception. Please contact the system administrator for assistance.
Message Id:
Severity:
Date:
Time:
Program:
Procedure:
Line(s):
2013-08-21
ECRAN1
ECRAN1
Message CEE9901 reçu pendant OPEN sur fichier ECRAN1.
Cause . . . . . : La procédure RPG ECRAN1 du programme DDIACK/ECRAN1 a reçu le message CEE9901 lors d'une opération implicite OPEN sur le fichier ECRAN1. Le fichier réel est *LIBL/ECRAN1. Que faire . . . : Reportez-vous à la description complète du message CEE9901 dans l'historique du travail et prenez contact avec le responsable de la maintenance logicielle. Si le type d'unité associé au fichier est SPECIAL, il se peut que l'historique du travail ne contienne aucun message.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Handler Profound ui

Post by Scott Klement »

This error merely tells you to check for a previous message in the job log. Do you know what the previous errors are?

You say it won't accept the HANDLER keyword. Did you compile without the HANDLER keyword, is that the reason for the CEE9901? Do you have the open access PTFs installed?
ddiack
New User

Post by ddiack »

All examples in PUISAMPLES work properly. SEU does not accept the HANDLER keyword. Nevertheless, the compilation work. I get this message only I execute the program . I use V6R1. What are the open access PTFs to install? Thanks for your reply.
prioli
New User
First Name: Paolo
Last Name: Prioli
Company Name: Prl Srl
Address 1: Via Santo Stefano 57/1
City: Gradara
State / Province: Outside Canada/USA
Zip / Postal Code: 61012

Post by prioli »

I've got the same error as ddiack.
I'm on 7.1 Rpg OA installed.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

You get an error in SEU because the HANDLER keyword did not exist when IBM i 6.1 was released, it was added later via a PTF.

IBM has stated many times that SEU is "frozen" at the 6.1 level. Nothing released in RPG after 6.1 will ever be supported in SEU. V7R1 customers will tell you that all of the new features added to RPG in V7R1 will also produce an error in SEU. This is for the same reason -- IBM has deliberately chosen to freeze SEU at the 6.1 level. Any new features past 6.1 will only be added to Rational Developer (RDi or RDP)

However, if you prefer to use SEU, you can just ignore the errors. The programs will still compile and work properly.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

ddiack wrote:All examples in PUISAMPLES work properly. SEU does not accept the HANDLER keyword. Nevertheless, the compilation work. I get this message only I execute the program . I use V6R1. What are the open access PTFs to install? Thanks for your reply.
If the samples in PUISAMPLES work properly, and you are using the IBM compile commands (rather than our preprocessor) then you already have the PTFs for Open Access installed.

Sorry, when I mentioned installing Open Access, I did not know that the problem only occurred in SEU. As I mentioned in my last message, that problem is because IBM has "frozen" SEU, and will not be adding new features to it... it's nothing wrong with your system.
ddiack
New User

Post by ddiack »

I changed the table to PROFOUNDUI/PUI0001204 for setting * USRPRF as noted in this document:
http://www.profoundlogic.com/docs/displ ... List+Setup.
Now the program compile and work properly.
Thank for your help.
ddiack
New User

Post by ddiack »

However, the programs can't be run from other profiles. When they run a program, the previous message is displayed. I think the program can't retrieve the library where the source is stored.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

Can you please post the previous message in the job log that shows what the error is?

If you to a WRKACTJOB JOB(PROFOUNDUI) (or whatever name you installed tbe Profound UI HTTP instance under, if you did not use the default name of 'PROFOUNDUI') you should find that one of the jobs is on MSGW status. Use option 5 next to that job, then take option 10 to view the job log.
ddiack
New User

Post by ddiack »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.26 KiB) Viewed 3642 times