ProfoundUI Mobile Client Stop Keyboard Showing up on Load

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on Web programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
sarah.taylor22
New User
First Name: Sarah
Last Name: Taylor
Company Name: Genfoot Inc.
City: Montreal
State / Province: Quebec

ProfoundUI Mobile Client Stop Keyboard Showing up on Load

Post by sarah.taylor22 »

Hello all,

Not sure if this question has been answered anywhere but we want to use one of our applications on mobile using the ProfoundUI mobile client and whenever a page loads, I'm guessing because the focus is automatically on a text field, and so the keyboard automatically pops up on the page load. Or, if the focus is automatically on a drop down field, that dropdown is out on page load.

This functionality is very annoying and I would not like user's to have to deal with this. Is there a setting or something I can do to stop this from happening?

Thank you,
Sarah
Glenn
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Hopwood
Company Name: Profound Logic Software
State / Province: Ohio

Re: ProfoundUI Mobile Client Stop Keyboard Showing up on Load

Post by Glenn »

Sarah,

You have a few ways to stop the behavior you are describing. These options are set at different 'levels' of your environment. The list below describes how to do it from the broadest to most specific level.

1 - You can turn the behavior off at the server level for all screens and devices (PCs or mobile) by using the "no focus" configuration option.
http://www.profoundlogic.com/docs/display/PUI/No+Focus

2 - You can turn the behavior off at the screen level for all devices (PCs or mobile) by using the "no focus" screen-level property.
(see the "no focus" property at the screen level)

3 - You can turn the behavior off at the server level for only touch screen devices (PCs or mobile) by using the "no focus" configuration option and some JavaScript (see the example code titled "Mobile Browsers Only" in the link below).
http://www.profoundlogic.com/docs/display/PUI/No+Focus

Based on your question, I would use option #3.

Glenn