msg 403 - Forbidden

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
Wayne C.
Experienced User
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Colasinski
Company Name: Sofworx / Tantara Transport

msg 403 - Forbidden

Post by Wayne C. »

I ran a Profound UI release update this past Thursday. Coincidentally, today I (and a coworker) received the "403 - Forbidden" message when using the Genie Designer to access the "...images/icons" file in the "image source" property for a graphic button. It prompted us to enter a name and password prior to getting the message. This has never happened before. Has anybody had this experience lately?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: msg 403 - Forbidden

Post by Scott Klement »

By default the Profound UI installer will replace your httpd.conf with the default one included in the installation. You can override this by clicking on 'customize' and changing the settings.

Is it possible that you had some customizations in httpd.conf that got wiped out? That would explain this sort of thing.

If that's not it, I'd need more details to help you. I'd need to know the exact value of the image source property, a copy of your httpd.conf file, and possibly the DSPAUT output of the corresponding IFS directory.
Wayne C.
Experienced User

Post by Wayne C. »

I just wanted to add a little more information. I'm pretty sure I've never customized httpd.conf . Every install / update I've done, the config file is always updated with the release.

I was trying to change an image on a graphic button (from previous.png to cancel.png). On the "image source" property, I've discovered that if I know the name of the replacement icon, I'm able to type it in with no problem. But when I try to click on that box to scan thru the icons, I'm prompted to enter a user id and password (same prompt displayed when logging into the administrator). At that point I receive the "Forbidden" message. It's like we no longer have access to or authority to access the images/icons folder... at least while in the designer.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

The fact that you can type the path manually, and it works, means that it's not an issue with authority to the images.

Instead, the issue seems to be authority to the program that provides the list of file names in the IFS directory. This was last modified in December 2014, and it looks like it may be a bug -- it's checking the license key incorrectly.

I will create a bug report for you.
Wayne C.
Experienced User

Post by Wayne C. »

Is this something that may be corrected in upcoming releases?
Antonio
Profound User
First Name: Antonio
Last Name: Ruballos

Post by Antonio »

Hello Wayne,

This issue was recently fixed and will be included in our next upcoming release. I will speak with our development staff and get an estimate on when this release is scheduled for. If you would rather get this fix sooner rather than later, I can also supply you with a patch. Let me know.
Wayne C.
Experienced User

Post by Wayne C. »

Thanks Antonio for the response. We can wait for the upcoming release.