Database Driven Auto-Complete

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
jac53
Experienced User
First Name: Jorge
Last Name: Cabrera
Company Name: Lennar Corp
Phone: 305-229-6400

Database Driven Auto-Complete

Post by jac53 »

I can not put to work this feature in Genie. I did it in Profound without any problem.
Attached find out print screens of what I did and the result. Any help will be appreciated.
Attachments
Autocomplete.doc
(641.5 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
Brian
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: May
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Database Driven Auto-Complete

Post by Brian »

I don't see anything obvious. If you specify the library on the Choices Database File, does it start working?
jac53
Experienced User

Post by jac53 »

I did that and it does not work. I need to put it to work because I am in the process of buying the software and I can not say now that all I promised the software does it is not true.
Brian

Post by Brian »

The only other time I have seen this behavior was another prospective customer who was behind on PTF's for the HTTP server. When was the last time you loaded the HTTP Group PTF's?
jac53
Experienced User

Post by jac53 »

The partion I am working is on V7R1M0.
Attached find the document with the PTFs for HTTP.
Attachments
E1 - Work with PTF Groups.doc
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 716 times
jac53
Experienced User

Post by jac53 »

By the way if I use a select box and put the file in Database-Drriven Selection it works but bring me the info from the begining of the file.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Ok, if the drop down returns records, then the connection should be working. Are you sure it is not just taking a long time to get the results? How large is the file F4450LC? Is it a logical file? Is the first field chosen (JDMCUS) the field that autocomplete should search against? Are there logicals, or SQL indexes, keyed by the selected fields?
jac53
Experienced User

Post by jac53 »

F4450LC is a logical file with two keys JDMCUS & JDALOT and it has 400,618.
Keep in mind that max choices has 10. Also when I used select box is using the same file with the same numbers of records and it works perfect so that is not the problem .

I am sure is not taking any time because when I swith to Design mode off the field continue looking the same even if I close the session and come back so that is not the problem.

Yes JDMCUS is the field which is chosen according your documentation and because is the first key of the logical file so that is not the problem.

Are there logicals, or SQL indexes, keyed by the selected fields? I do not see what is the relation with this problem.

For your info I tried other screens using a different fields and different files and it does not work.

In my opinion the problem is with V7R1M0. I think you should escalate this issue I need an answer asap.

Thanks
Brian

Post by Brian »

The reasons I asked the questions that I did is because the auto complete uses SQL to retrieve the matches. In general, it is not a good idea to point an SQL statement at a logical file. You should always use the physical.

Max choices controls how many choices are displayed, but it still has to find the first ten choices. When you changed to a select box, it did not have to search for anything as you effectively said give me the first 10.

There are no known issues with V7R1 specifically. Please email us at support@profoundlogic.com with your contact info and either myself or one of our other developers will contact you.
Rob
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Ferguson

Post by Rob »

After looking at this we found that the fields in the file were right aligned, so some fields were preceded with spaces. Changing the auto complete property contains match to true resolved this problem. This changed the search to look for a match within the field, not necessarily from the start of the field.