Creating an expanding menu

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
gosavage
New User
First Name: Geoff
Last Name: Savage
Company Name: Saint-Gobain

Creating an expanding menu

Post by gosavage »

Anybody have a solution that produces an epanding menu (i.e. click on a menu item drops down a list of sub menu options)? I have an example of a working menu in HTML but I'm not able to get it to work in ProfoundUI.

I've attached the CSS and JavaScript files and the HTML code. I have the JS in my /userdata/html folder, the CSS in my userdata/css folder and the HTML in an HTML container on my record format. The top level menu items appear, but they won't open up the sub menu's when clicked.

If anyone can help me make this example work, or knows of a better way to accomplish this type of menu, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Attachments
testmenuHTML.txt
(945 Bytes) Downloaded 247 times
expandingMenuJS.txt
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
expandingMenuCSS.txt
(666 Bytes) Downloaded 203 times
Alex
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Roytman
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Creating an expanding menu

Post by Alex »

The implementation would be different based on if it’s something you’re trying to integrate with the Profound UI HTML template, where it will be a global menu throughout the entire application, versus something you’re just trying to put into a record format in a display file.

As a general observation, this JS code is not written in a way that will work well with other environments (it uses the global namespace for variables and functions, overrides windows.onload, etc.). The code is somewhat simple though and might possibly be rewritten the right way to work with Profound UI or created into a custom widget.
gosavage
New User

Post by gosavage »

Thanks Alex. I'll look into the custom widget. I fairly new to ProfoundUI so I've never done a custon widget. It'll be a good learning experience.
Geoff Savage
Sr. Analyst
Saint-Gobain
gosavage
New User

Post by gosavage »

I've been looking for information on creating a custom widget for this. Can anyone give me some guidance with how to create a custom widget?
Geoff Savage
Sr. Analyst
Saint-Gobain