Subfile "Roll Up" error.

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
Wayne C.
Experienced User
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Colasinski
Company Name: Sofworx / Tantara Transport

Subfile "Roll Up" error.

Post by Wayne C. »

I have experienced a few instances in Genie, where as soon as a subfile is displayed, the following error message appears:

"Roll up or down past the first or last record in file"

This message appears before I even touch a key. The error does not spontaneously occur in the green screen application. To get the error to occur in the green screen application, I have to press the "page up" key when the subfile is first displayed or is set at the first record of the file.

The problem occurs very rarely (I think 3 subfiles have displayed this error). I've looked at the programs for anything unusual and also tried to determine if there's a pattern but I've been unlucky so far.

Has anybody else experienced this or is there a fix for this??
Brian
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: May
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Subfile "Roll Up" error.

Post by Brian »

We have never seen this behavior before. Is it possible you have done some automation on these screens using JavaScript or macros that could be sending a pageup back to the screen?
Wayne C.
Experienced User

Post by Wayne C. »

On the first subfile in question, I deleted the screen from the administrator and started fresh. It seems to be working fine. I can't believe I entered any code for an automatic roll up or down. The only other thing I thought of was that on some of the subfiles where there wasn't enough data in the file to fill at least one page, I may have gone into the "Rows" property of the subfile and manually changed it to equal the subfile's dds "Page" count and may have entered the wrong number. And the way the error manifests, I was unable to go into Design Mode to see exactly what I did. I'll do the same for the other occurences.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the false alarm.
Brian
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: May
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Post by Brian »

No apologies necessary. If you do figure out how you caused it, I would be curious to know. Please let me know if we can assist in any way.
Wayne C.
Experienced User

Post by Wayne C. »

I've had this happen again. I've kinda played around with it, and what I think is happening is pretty much what I stated in my July 12th post .

It seems like it doesn't occur when a particular subfile has at least enough data/records to fill a page of the subfile. In some cases, where the subfile has a page size of 14 and there are only 2 or 3 records to be displayed, I've gone in and changed the "Rows" property to equal the page size of the subfile so that I could get an idea of what the screen will look like. I think this series of actions is what causes the error. And when the error occurs, there's no getting out of it except by cancelling the job.

Yesterday when this happened, I cancelled the job, went to the Administrator, deleted the screen and started again, this time leaving the Rows property alone and everything was fine. For now, I'll leave the Rows property alone.