scrollbar position WITH filter

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
dpkenny
Profound User
First Name: Kenny
Last Name: K
Company Name: slyacauga utilities board
Phone: 256 401 2501
State / Province: Alabama

scrollbar position WITH filter

Post by dpkenny »

Does anybody know how to position the scrollbar WITH filter (right click column and click filter)? It works fine unfiltered and even works fine sorted on any column but does NOT work if filtered.

I have a hidden field called "rowNo" and onrowclick event "changeElementValue('rowNo', row);"
My RPG program moves "rowNo" to SFLREC and the EXFMT the screen. Subfile record number is specified on the subfile screen with bound field SFLREC.
Like I said, it works fine until filtering the subfile.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: scrollbar position WITH filter

Post by Scott Klement »

Hi Kenny,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems getting things to work. I'm not completely sure that I understand what's happening in your scenario?

Each time you use EXFMT it completely wipes out the screen and re-draws it. After it does that, it will position to the row you specified in the "subfile record number" property.

You say this doesn't work with a filter... and this is where I'm getting lost. The filter should've been completely wiped out when you did EXFMT. How are you re-enabling it? Are you using the persist state property to remember the filter and re-apply it each time the screen is re-drawn? Or are you using the filter APIs? Or is this a database-driven grid?
dpkenny
Profound User

Post by dpkenny »

Yes, using persist state property
Not using filter API, just right click and filter column
Not a database-driven grid, load a subfile from RPG

Probably has something to do with the RRN it returns versus the number of records showing on the screen when filtered.
Strange thing is it works fine when sorting on a column which totally re-sequence the RRN (click on 5th record down, may be RRN 289 but still moves to the top and the rest remain in sorted sequence.
dpkenny
Profound User

Post by dpkenny »

So, I found a work around.
I put "changeElementValue('Filter1', getObj("Grid1").grid.getFilter(1));" in the "onfilterchange" event.
Then made my RPG program that loads the subfile duplicate the filter so only filtered records are loaded.

Seems to work, BUT, I need to automatically do an enter (pui.click) after the filter is keyed.
Currently, I have to hit enter twice, once to get out of the filter box, and once again for the subfile refresh.

Any ideas?
dpkenny
Profound User

Post by dpkenny »

I didn't use "filter response" because the documentation says "This should be used only for page-at-a-time grids, not for database-driven grids nor for load-all grids."

I decided to try it anyway on my load-all grid and it seems to be working fine!
Does anybody know what I should be looking out for as to why it should NOT be used on load-all grids?